Founded in 1979 by a small group of dedicated merchants, the Southern Pines Business Association continually works towards the promotion, beautification and overall improvement of the Southern Pines community.
- Members are retail, professional and service oriented businesses.
- Monthly meetings are the second Wednesday of each month. These informative meetings include guest speakers and informal after-hours hosted by member businesses.
- Members are provided an opportunity to network with other business members in an effort to accomplish common goals.
- Active members work together to enhance the welfare of the business community in matters pertaining to local government issues and community development.
- SPBA has spearheaded several major annual events for the town of Southern Pines:
SpringFest – April (last weekend)
The Downtown Merchants Annual Sidewalk Sale – July
Summerfest – August
The Annual Holiday Open House – November
Christmas Parade and Festivities – December
Live Christmas Trees lighting the downtown area- December
First Eve – December 31st
- Locator signage with SPBA members and their business locations are maintained in the downtown area.
- SPBA produces a brochure with a map locating the member businesses that is distributed throughout the area.
- The SPBA newsletter, Tradewinds, provides pertinent information and is sent to members several times a year.
- All members are listed on the SPBA web page —www.southernpines.biz, with links provided to the member’s web page.