Founded in 1979 by a small group of dedicated merchants, the Southern Pines Business Association continually works towards the promotion, beautification and overall improvement of the Southern Pines community.
- Members are retail, professional and service oriented businesses.
- Monthly meetings are the second Wednesday of each month. These informative meetings include guest speakers and informal after-hours hosted by member businesses.
- Members are provided an opportunity to network with other business members in an effort to accomplish common goals.
- Active members work together to enhance the welfare of the business community in matters pertaining to local government issues and community development.
- SPBA has spearheaded several major annual events for the town of Southern Pines:
- SpringFest – April (last weekend)
- The Downtown Merchants Annual Sidewalk Sale – July
- Summerfest – August
- The Annual Holiday Open House – November
- Christmas Parade and Festivities – December
- Live Christmas Trees lighting the downtown area- December
- First Eve – December 31st
- Locator signage with SPBA members and their business locations are maintained in the downtown area.
- SPBA produces a brochure with a map locating the member businesses that is distributed throughout the area.
- The SPBA newsletter, Tradewinds, provides pertinent information and is sent to members several times a year.
- All members are listed on the SPBA web page —www.southernpines.biz, with links provided to the member’s web page.
Complete the Membership Application below or you may download the membership application here.
Please mail completed application with membership dues to: SPBA PO Box 1604 Southern Pines, NC 28388